Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Why having no life can be a wonderful thing


So, lets start with saying having no life doesn't mean not living. You are living, breathing, eating, sleeping...you get what I am saying right? Even though meeting Jesus does sound pretty cool. What I mean about not having a life is you are not out every night, you don't go to bars, you rather read in pj's than go to the bars, etc. It's funny because so many people say its such a bad thing and make fun of people that are like that. They might say "You need to get out more, you have no life" or "Staying in again?" Let me first tell you a little bit about myself.

When I was younger I wanted to be one of the popular girls so bad. Don't get me wrong I was friendly and (mostly) everyone liked me but I wasn't popular. I loved cheerleading and sadly I never made varsity even though I really wanted to. I was actually pretty good too. Did I need improvement? Yes, but I was dedicated and wanted it so bad. I partially blamed not making the varsity team on not being popular. I wanted to be one of the girls that got invited to all the cool kids parties. Now I look back and see that it was such a blessing that I wasn't popular and "had no life."

The reason behind that is I made some really good friends. I didn't have 10 girls that I was acquaintances with and that half of them talked behind my back. I had a couple good friends and one best friend. My best friend from high school and I are still best friends to this day. Not being popular made me realize who would be a true friend to me and who wouldn't.

Plus when I finally did get invited to all these parties, at the time I thought they were cool. Now looking back I realize that they weren't cool at all and I made a lot of mistakes at them. Hanging out with people is fun. Drinking and making a fool of yourself might be fun for those couple hours but it's not cool the next morning.

http://meetville.com/quotes/tag/trying/page8
Another fun fact about me is I am 26 and have 3 crazy but beautiful and wonderful kids. I feel like I am always on the go and never have any time to do anything. Right now my kids are napping at the same time so I have a little bit of peace but usually I cannot write a single blog post without one or all three wanting something. I can barely do anything without one child crying or throwing a fit. I am one of those types that love to read and I do read, a lot. I end up having to read books a couple times (or watch tv shows) to really be able to recall what I just read because I have to be doing a million things at once. I am 26 people, I should not have memory problems.

When you get older and have crazy kids of your own, you are going to revel in any peace and quiet you can get. To those people that can just stay home in their jammies and read a whole book in one night, I am so incredibly jealous of you. Going out is even a hassle how. Do I like to go out every now and again? Of course, but its a lot of work and if I could just sit on my butt without having to do anything and "not have a life" for a second, I would in a heartbeat! Especially if there are cookies involved. Chocolate chip to be exact.

When I was younger I always wanted to be doing something. Not homework, that's boring. Reading? That's for losers that have nothing else to do. I want to be out with people and not be one of those weird homebody's and dare I say it? Have no LIFE! Now thinking back to my high school days I really should have been the one reading all the time and doing homework. Yeah going out is cool but being smart is one of the best things you can do in your life. Being smart and dedicated to school gets you so far in life. You learn more and can do so much more with your life. I already had Bridgette when I went to college and I did great but just think if I applied myself more in high school and not think about who I could hang out with or what I can do to not be a loser.

Trust me, what you do in high school besides school work doesn't matter. Stay in, read some books, spend time with your parents (because hey parents are people too), and be one of those ones that have no life. You will appreciate the time out when you get it and you will be 10x more prepared for your future. I know my perfect day now without my children (because hey, my perfect day with kids would be going to Disney World. Holla!) would be spending it in a comfy chair, not having to worry about anything, with a great book in my hands to read, and all the chocolate chip cookies in the world. Especially with nobody to beg me for half of my cookies. Notice how I didn't say going to bars, or hanging out with a bunch of people?


I hope this all makes sense to you guys. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I just wanted to be able to convey my message right. Even though I have my moment of silence, it's still only a moment. While I am in my moment I am also "watching" a tv show, playing a trivia game, talking to my husband, and making dinner.

Peace and Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment