Tuesday, December 23, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRIDGETTE!

Today is my 7 year old's birthday! I cannot believe she is already that big! It is 7 am right now and I decided to take some of the extra streamers and a balloon that I used for her party and decorate the door. Here is what it looks like:


I am so excited for her to wake up! We had her birthday party this past week and 7 of her classmates showed up a long with my two nieces! We made some crafts which I am starting to post about in my other blog. If you want to know how to make Elsa's Magic Snowballs click here! Here is a pic of Bridgette opening up her presents:


I decorated our whole entire house in streamers too. I think I am going to make this a yearly thing where I try to come up with new ideas to decorate with streamers. I was going for a royal/ castle looking theme in the frozen colors. Here it is: 


I think it turned out really good. I am excited to see what else I can come up with! I decided that I was going to write what I remember about Bridgette's birth. It was a really rough birth and pregnancy so I really don't remember a lot. Bear with me. Okay, here we go:

The first three months of being pregnant with Bridgette I threw up every day multiple times a day. I lost about 20 lbs! It was crazy but I would have dreams that I was having a little girl. I just knew she was a girl but I actually didn't find out that she was until a week before I had her. 

When I was around 4 months pregnant we got into a really bad car accident. I was the passenger and all I remember before it happened is seeing blue and gray. A truck with an empty trailer hit us head on going 50 mph. I remember getting out of the car and feeling wet so I put my hands down where I was wet and all I could see was blood. 

I was terrified and an ambulance took me straight to the hospital. Luckily, the seat belt and Bridgette were positioned just right where instead of hurting her it got my bladder. It flattened my bladder like a pancake and I peed myself/ was bleeding for a couple days but other than that I was fine. I just remember being so mad at the other driver because he almost killed Bridgette. That is until I found out that the other driver passed away from the accident. 

After that I didn't drive for a couple months and had to go to therapy for it. I am still terrified of driving and vehicles. On December 19th at a doctor appointment I found out I had preeclampsia. I had to go into the hospital and get an ultrasound to make sure Bridgette was okay.That is when we found out Bridgette was indeed a Bridgette. I was scared but happy that I was having a little girl. I also had to get a steroid shot for Bridgette's lungs to make them ready if she was born early. She wasn't due until late January/early February so they wanted to make sure if she was early she would be fine. I had to immediately go into work and tell them I was on bed rest until Bridgette came. I was working at McDonalds so bed rest was fine with me. 

At three in the morning on December 23rd I woke up in extreme pain. I couldn't talk and I could barely breathe. They had me come in immediately. I was put in a triage room and they did an ultrasound on my abdomen where they found out my gallbladder was twice the size as it normally would be. They also did a check on my urine and found out it had a lot of protein still in it. All I remember is the doctors talking about if I would make it to Saginaw hospital (about 30 minutes away) by ambulance since it was a high risk hospital. They were too afraid I would have a seizure and then they would loose both of us. They decided to take me in for an emergency c-section. Bridgette was 34 and 4 out of 7 days gestation so my 19 year old self was extremely terrified. 

At 10:40am she came into this world. Her crying was such a wonderful sound. That's how I knew she was okay. Bridgette was 5lbs 4oz, and such a little thing. They didn't let me see her or hold her while I was getting put back together and they immediately put me in a room afterward. They hooked me up to really strong pain medications and I really don't remember much. According to my mom I was not in good shape. My vitals were going crazy and they even had to kick my dad out of my room. I do remember one thing though. I still didn't get to see my baby! Luckily the nurses took a picture of her and I was able to see that. Here is that picture:


On Christmas eve a day later I got to meet her because I was doing a lot better and wanted to breast feed her. That was an awesome Christmas present. She ended up getting jaundice and we were in the hospital for about a week. It was awesome to be able to take her home. 

When she was two months old she ended up getting RSV and was in the hospital for another week. She stopped breathing a couple times and that was terrifying. It was a rough first couple months for her. I am still amazed that she is as strong as she is today. It's amazing what our little ones can endure. I still cannot believe she is now 7. Well everyone is up and someone (hint:me) has to make breakfast. Here is a pic of the birthday girl:


Happy Birthday Bridgette, we love you so much!


Peace and Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment