Thursday, December 18, 2014

The final countdown!

Yesterday was an extremely long and stressful but at the same time great day. It definitely didn't have the best mom moments, I did a lot of mom fails yesterday. 

I got to go to my MOPS Christmas party which was the great part of the day! I got to make some cute little crafts one of this was this: 


Isn't that so cute? I also made some sugar scrubs and got to eat. My only regret is not eating more because the food was so good and I didn't have to make it which makes it 100x even more tasty. We also did a white elephant gift exchange and I got a cute little frog statue that said welcome. The best part of the holiday party was I got to meet Amanda! The inspirational woman that I wrote a post about a few post back. You can read that post here. We gave each other a hug and it was so nice to put a face to the name. I am looking forward to growing our friendship and helping out with whatever she needs!

That was the fun part of the day and I should have just stayed there at ate but alas I had to go to a hematology doctor appointment for Eli. First of all I forgot to grab an extra plate of food for Emelia since the doctors appointment was at 12:30pm. Total mom fail right there and let me tell you I got an ear full from little Emelia about it. So, we arrived at the doctors and little man got his finger poked. He did not like that and it seemed to have bled forever! 

After we got the blood needed we got to go meet the doctor. Nicest man ever! If your child goes to Beaumont for any blood issues I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Berman. We found out little man needs to have an iron supplement daily and has to have three shots a week to increase his blood count. The great news about that is since I am a certified medical assistant, I get to give him the shots instead of having drive to Beaumont (35-40 minute drive) three times a week. It is both a good thing and an absolutely terrifying thing! I am very nervous to start doing that. 

If you know me personally you know that I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. After high school I decided to wait until college to figure stuff out and then got stuck in that limbo and ended up having Bridgette a year after I graduated. She is what really pushed me to be better and do better. I have always loved health sciences and anything about the human body so I decided to start off with going to school to be a medical assistant. Well my last semester and during my internship is when I found out I was pregnant with Emelia (I actually found out at my internship!) so Brad and I decided that I should be a stay at home mom for a while. It seems like God has things happen for a reason though because even though I am not an active medical assistant, having that training has helped so much with Eli's craniosynostosis. I actually understand the Doctor jargon and now I have found another way to be able to put my training to use. 

Our appointment got out at around 1:30pm then we went straight to Beaumont's pharmacy to try to fill out the prescription for his shots. Well sadly I didn't have the right card that I needed to fill the script and I had to make a bunch of calls and finally they went to go see if they could fill it. By the time we got home it was 3pm! Emelia still didn't each lunch and she was not a happy camper. Plus I totally failed in the dinner department and couldn't make the slow cooker chicken that I wanted to make. Luckily Brad understood and stopped by Meijer to get dinner stuff but I felt so bad about everything! 

Sadly they couldn't fill my script at that pharmacy and hopefully we can fill it by today with a specialty pharmacy so I can start him on it. He has the perfect blood cell count which is 11 and we want it to be in the 14-15 range to try and prevent a transfusion which always happens with this type of surgery because its a very bloody surgery. That is a good thing though because the healing rate is quicker because of that and there is less chance of infection but still hearing the word transfusion is terrifying. 

We are finally coming to the end of this whole ordeal and I am both relieved and terrified. I have been under so much stress with this all and having to deal with many doctors but in the same breath I don't want my baby to have to have a surgery. I have felt like such a bad mom to Emelia and Bridgette because lately I have had a short fuse and I have had to spend so much time worrying about Eli that they are suffering because of it. I feel like I cant be spread out anymore than I am. 

Right now my kids are crying bloody murder so I guess my blog post is done! Those kids make great timers!


Peace and Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment