Friday, January 9, 2015

In One Week

In one week we will have the longest drive of our lives, even though it's only thirty minutes.

In one week we will have to give our baby boy over to someone we met a handful of times, and trust them with his life.

In one week our son, our only son, will be cut open ear to ear and have his skull operated on.

In one week we will have to wait countless hours in a room not knowing what is going on.

In one week we will have one of the hardest days of our lives.

but also...

In one week the wait will be over.

In one week the anticipation and nervousness will be over.

In one week we wont have as much worry anymore.

In one week the healing can begin.

In one week we will be on the other side of craniosynostosis.


All those things happen in one week. For now I am going to hold my baby a little tighter and longer. Give him an extra couple of kisses, and enjoy the time we have left before the surgery. I am so scared of what is going to happen and I can feel myself starting to shut down. I feel so many things at one time. I don't think I can handle it all until I look at him and know that I will be strong, I have no other choice. A week feels like so much time and so little time all at once. If you are reading this and can say a prayer for my little Eli I would really appreciate it.


The picture above is Eli playing with some things he received in his care package from Cranio Care Bears. If you have a second click on the link and go check out any ways you can donate to them. It's amazing what one little care package can do for a family. I thank everyone for the love and support that we have received these past 8 months. My only hope is that I may be able to help out people going through the same thing as we have been. <3

Peace and Love, 



No comments:

Post a Comment