Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What a week, what a week!

Hello there! This week has been an absolutely crazy week! I haven't even had time to make it to write a blog post until now!

So lets start on last Wednesday! Hubby had that day off and he raked leaves with Emme, let me tell you we have a ton of leaves in our front yard! Here is a picture of that:

They did such a good job! Eli's developmental nurse, Shelly, came over. She weighs him, measures his head, and sees how tall he has gotten. He gained an inch in length (now is 28.5 inches long) and he weighs 19.6 lbs. He is such a big boy! He also is right on track with his development! He could almost sit by himself and whenever Shelly asked me questions about what he could do she was extremely happy about how his progress is coming. He even surprised both of us right after Shelly asked if he had been saying anything he started to say "ma ma ma ma!" That was awesome and I am totally claiming those as his first words! Eli is doing great and that makes me so happy, I truly feel like God is answering our prayers. 

That night we had growth group. If you have never attended a growth group with a church I would highly recommend it. It is an awesome form of fellowship and you get to meet pretty cool people. Our topic is parenting and let me tell you, I always feel like I am 10 steps behind on this whole parenting thing. It's hard being a parent and for me I feel like its really difficult to try and make the right decisions. Being in this growth group, I see that it is a common thing to feel like that. I feel like through this I am finding a way to not only bring my kids closer to God, but also am learning a lot more about parenting. 

Last Thursday we had a trunk or treat at my church. I was so unprepared with Emelia. I had Eli's costume and Bridgettes all ready but I totally slacked with Emelia's. So, I found a pretty dress and went into the dollar store to see what I could find. $4 later and a little bit of hot glue I had an Autumn Fairy! Here is a pic of the costume:
Not bad for completely last minute and being rushed.  This is the first year our church (Heritage Church, out of Sterling Heights MI) had the trunk or treat. I of course forgot to take pictures of the actual event! Ugh maybe next year! We were expecting there not to be too many people there but it was absolutely crazy! They had 40 something cars there and over 600 pieces of candy and by the time we were finally able to get out and go trunk or treating (we wanted to eat dinner first) they were running out and over half of the cars weren't passing out anymore because they ran out. It was nuts! Next year we are going to sign up to pass out candy and decorate our car. I want to have a Dr. Who theme because I am a huge dork/ I love Dr. Who! My husband can be the 10th doctor, I could be Rose, Emme can be the tardis, Bridgette can be a weeping angel, and Bubs can be a dalek. If what I just said sounds like a different language, then watch some Dr. Who! It's on Netflix!

 Also last Friday I got extremely sick. At first I just felt tired (which I am all the time since a certain little boy keeps me up a lot!) then my throat started to hurt, then I got a huge headache, and my night ended with me curled up in a ball on the floor with 102 degree temperature! It was not fun and the next day I was feeling a lot better, but I had a sore throat. Now I am on antibiotics for my throat and still having issues with my breathing. Thank goodness for my oils or else I know I would already be in the hospital with some sort of bronchitis or pneumonia!

Hopefully this week is better and these antibiotics kick in soon! We have growth group tomorrow, then a doctors appointment on Thursday, then we have Halloween! Yay! I hope you all have a great week! 

Peace and Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment