Monday, April 27, 2015

Eli's First Birthday!

We celebrated our little mans first birthday this past weekend. I cannot believe that we don't have an infant anymore. This year just flew by and part of me wishes it would have lasted a lot longer. I wish that I spent less time being worried and more time just enjoying my last child. I am so proud of everything that he has gone through this year and I wanted his first birthday to be a big celebration of his strength.

We decided to do a superhero birthday party. I am doing his room in superhero so I wanted to take the decorations right from his party and decorate his room with them. I would feel like I am wasting things less and it has two uses for the price of one!

I made a little cape banner and a sign that said ELI in superman symbols. It turned out pretty cool. I am not sure if we got a picture of the cape banner but in the next couple of pictures you will see the superman sign. I had tissue paper balls that I hung from our light and decorated with streamers. My streamers kept on falling down and what I did with them wasn't as impressive as Bridgette's party. I didn't take pictures this time of the decor. I was just way to busy but I will do another blog post when we finish his room and you can see some of the stuff I made there.

We got our cake from Sam's Club because they offered a 1/2 sheet for the price of a 1/4 sheet. We are still eating cake...


Here I am lighting the candles for his cake. He got to wear a little birthday tie that said 1 birthday boy. I felt bad but little man's tie didn't quite fit around his neck. It was too small, he is a big boy. It still looked cute though. He kept on trying to get into his cake. Emelia didn't want to touch her cake at all without a fork on her first birthday so it was amazing that Eli just dove right in. 


It. Was. GLORIOUS! I gave him a big portion of his cake and he treated it like every baby should on their first birthday and got it everywhere! Seriously, it was even in his belly button. I loved it. 

We ended up having our closest friends and family over for the party. A lot of people sadly wasn't able to make it but we still had a pretty good turn out. My mother in law even drove out all the way from Maine! I was very happy she was able to be here for his first birthday. 


This is me right before I gave birth to him. Yes, it looks like I hid a basketball under my shirt. Thinking to a year ago we were so happy to have our little boy. We felt so blessed. Then when he was 3 weeks old we had our whole lives turned upside down. We really had no clue if he would be here for his birthday. When anyone has a surgery there are so many unknowns. It is terrifying but our little boy beat cranio.


This past year we had many heartbreaks with him but we have much more to celebrate. We can celebrate that he is on track with all of his milestones. We can celebrate that his brain can grow the way it needs to. We can celebrate the strength he shown during surgery. Most of all we can celebrate who he is. A happy, loving, silly little boy who makes us smile each and every day. 

I cant wait to see the person he becomes. I hope he keeps his happy and loving attitude. I hope he can always be silly and funny. Our hearts are now full. Our family is now complete. Here is to the past year and the many more that are to come. We love you Eli. 



Peace and Love, 






No comments:

Post a Comment